Monday, September 1, 2008

What am I doing?

meh, blogs are great. So, why not have something that quite possibly no one will read. I could keep my un-captivated audience entertained with stories or heartache and fear. But then again, I'm too happyish of a person to let everything turn into doom and gloom. I will probably just tell people about adventures in Georgia and post hilarious things I find on the internet. I could use it to complain about people, but unlike some people on the internet, I understand that what goes around comes around. So, that idea is out the window.

Rich and I went camping this weekend with our dog, Tizzy (who will also be referenced quite frequently). It was a beautiful weekend in the North Georgia Mountains & we were able to enjoy a bluegrass concert from one of the most talented entertainers I have ever met. We will most likely go up again for another weekend in November for a dulcimer festival where we will make dulcimers and learn to play them... Amazing! A dulcimer is an Appalachian instrument that originated in Scandinavia. It was brought to America by the Germans (don’t understand that geographical skip) and became popular in bluegrass music of the early 20th century. See, my blog is also good for cultural learning.

It's Labor Day and I'm not laboring... I'm creating a blog. Productive, right? Dad and Mom gave Rich and I some steak and pork chops when they came down (they are farmers & life on the farm is likely to be referenced many times). We are going to cook them up on the grill as well as some corn from the supermarket last night... yum. Off to do that while Rich mows the lawn.

Thanks for reading and have a wonderful day :)

2 comments:

rescueadog said...

Hi Hannah..

I am quite thrilled to see you are back and blogging again!! Hope you don't mind that I like to live vicariously through other people's lives, thus I will be checking your blog to see what exciting adventures are in store for you all.

XOXO, Sarah
PS. Love the profile picture of you two!!!

Jessica Townsend said...

hey! glad you made a blog :) its good to hear things are going well. your trip sounded niiiice. we like bluegrass a lot. the dulcimer festival sounds really cool too! and yes, we would love to make use of your guest room sometime.