Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Day 9: Target Temptation

Okay, so mostly it has been a walk in the park to this point. When I told my boss about my commitment she responded with, "But what if you find a cute shirt at Old Navy?"

"I will just not buy it."

"What? But what if it is a good deal."

"I won't buy it."

Which leads me to today... I was shopping in Target for sweatpants to be donated to our school for in the nurse's office. In an attempt to find an adult small or medium, I ran across the most perfect pair of capri work-out pants.... for $1.97. Temptation set in. I could actually feel endorphins running through my body saying 'you'll never find a deal like this again!'. The pants and I had a moment

I looked at them, touched them, held them up to my waist (perfect size), rechecked the price to see just HOW on sale they were. I began negotiating in my head. Okay, maybe if I allot myself $20.00 a month, I can buy clothes with that money and learn how to manage it. What if all of my 5 pairs of work-out pants falls apart. Think of all the places I could wear these. Then I stopped. I felt like an alcoholic in a liqueur store. I'm a dealoholic. I slowly put the pants back and we parted our ways. I'm not going to lie, I glanced back whimsically.

The farther I walked away, the better I felt. Now I felt like a recovering alcoholic who had just turned down their first drink. Yay!

2 comments:

Jessica Townsend said...

wow, Hannah...you are attempting quite a feat here. I remember talking about bargain hunting w/ you in college :) and how excited we both got over such things!

good luck with your challenge...and I would stay away from target if i were you! they alllllwayys have tempting offers on display!

Jessica Townsend said...

hey! how are you guys!? wanted to let you know we are planning a trip to nashville in the spring...maybe we could meet up!?